1.17.2005

Question of the day today: how selfish am I?
Still haven't answered that yet.
Yesterday while thumbing thru the 1/15/05 issue of the New Yorker, an ad caught my attention, prompting me to go back a few pages :
Alaskan Theatre Cruises!
Come join PATRICIA NEAL, GENA ROWLANDS, ED ASNER, EARTHA KITT,
CLIFF ROBERTSON, LEE ROY REAMS, & 2 STARS WILL BE ADDED
all performing on our ship.
So who will the two "stars to be added" be? Adrienne Barbeau? Meredith Baxter-Birney? (is she still Birney?) Andy Griffith? Brad Pitt?
I will admit that I don't know who Lee Roy Reams is or I would make fun of him.
Hmmm.
Also yesterday, I was doing my laundry at the house of the Doctor and the Professor, for whom I was cat-sitting while they took some time in Berlin. The Professor's cat, M-, loves me, is always ready to lavish love and receive same in return, and is generally quite pleasant to care for. We enjoy reading and watching tv together on the couch.
The Doctor's cat, "Kitty" (her real name) is a totally different kind of flying altogether. She hates me. She has hated me from the first time we met and has not softened with time. The Doctor thinks that she doesn't care for women at all, not just me. I find little comfort in that.
At any rate, I had just checked my laundry in the dryer and as I came thru the kitchen into the dining room I greeted "Kitty" who had appeared there apparently when my back was turned. I said, "Hi Kitty! Good Kitty!" and as I walked by her, she produced a long hiss and swatted my leg, snagging a claw momentarily on my jeans. I pulled away and tried to walk on bravely but couldn't help looking over my shoulder to see her coming after me. I turned and and told her in a firm, loud voice that I was not afraid to throw my beer on her. Whether it was that threat or her satisfaction with the smell of my fear, she sat back down and glared at me. Bitch.

No comments: