1.21.2005

Popcorn On Fridays

I have taken to having a bowl of popcorn after work these days. Orville Redenbaeker (?) Sweet-n-Buttery, to be precise. I have found it to be quite addictive and delicious to my mouth. I was at the grocery store on Thursday nite picking up cat food, flan, and beer, when I saw to my delight that the S-n-B was 2 for one, what a happy bargain. During check-out, the cashier asked me if I had tried it before, and I lit up (well, I feel like if I saw myself, I would have said, "Wow, see how I lit up when she asked me about the popcorn?!") and said, "YES! I LOVE IT! IT'S VERY ADDICTIVE!" She raised her left eyebrow a bit and said, somewhat distastefully, that her little brother had seen it and thought for sure that it would be totally gross. I turned my enthusiasm down a notch, and kept my reply to a simple, "Mmmmm, yeah." I walked out to my car. Why would she understand?

No comments: