1.21.2005

Everbody Loves Freedom, That's What I Hear / Bush in His Second Term, I'll Have Another Beer. Please.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me... What? - The muddle in Bush's inaugural address. By Fred Kaplan
Ugh. We listened to The Event on NPR yesterday, mostly I was hoping to catch Susan Graham sing, she walks on water as far as I know, and I was more excited about that than anything. I was surprised when I heard she would be there to perform, she doesn't really strike me as a huge Republican, but then I remembered that she's from Texas and Christ teaches us to have love in our hearts for all, so I guess it all comes out in the wash. Or something.
Anyway, the NPR peeps talked over her performance as far as I could tell, so I was disappointed not just by the righties and their ilk but also by the liberal radio geeks. Oh well.
I listened to him speak as much as I could, it was difficult, we were in the middle of lunch and the noise level would rise and fall, but I could always hear the "F" word loud and clear. Second to that of course, was the "L" word. It seemed to me that every time he said it it lost more meaning. I'm so unclear on the whole Spreading Freedom thing anyway. Too bad it isn't a sexually transmitted disease.
All I've kept thinking since he was nominated as the Rep. candidate way back when, is that if I were a Republican, I would be dismayed and uncomfortable at the very least, that he was The Candidate that my party chose.
At this point all I can do is quote the niece of my friend S-
"Your hair smells like your house---and that's not good."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can tell by your writing that you're probably really hot - and really cool :-)

okay, i SWEAR i never do this kind of thing, but i think we should meet. We can go somewhere well-lit and very public, maybe talk about beagles & cooking (or cooking beagles! haha; It turns out that i love beagles too! I know it's hard to believe. Also, your juxtaposition of charred pasta with normal pasta and a penny was irresistably forensic; maybe we can solve each other's mysteries! Please tell me you don't think I'm being too forward or too much of a freak...
Come find me! :)

sincerely,
Sleepswithabeagle
Richmond, VA