6.01.2005

Yesterday's Rose Garden Press Conference, Starring Our Man W!

I was listening to the news on the radio at work yesterday (okay, yes, it was All Things Considered on NPR) and they were reporting on W's Rose Garden news conference, and I was only half-listening until I heard "Amnesty International" blah, blah, blah, and tuned into him talking about their allegations concerning Guantanamo Bay detainees and so forth, and what he said made me laugh aloud, partly because of his ridiculous gaffe, and partly because of something personal... it went like this : (regarding the report) "it seemed like to me they based some of their decisions on--on the word of-- and allegations by people who were held in detention, people who hate America, people who have been trained, in some instances, to dis-assemble--that means not tell the truth, and so it's an absurd report."
Yes, absurd, that's it.
I laugh, on the personal front, because in an email several years ago to someone who did the old dump-you-for-the-ex thing, I strongly and forthrightly, laid her out as, among other things, being a "dissembling and dishonest liar." Redundant? Perhaps, but she had to look up what that meant. Strangely, she was also a media personality...
I'm not trying to be catty...I'm just being mean---

No comments: