3.03.2005

ifeelloveifeelloveifeelloveifeellove

I'm sitting here in the living room watching "The First 48," a pretty good cameras-following-cops show. They follow homicide teams in various cities, Miami, Kansas City, Phoenix, Philly, and a couple more. Tonite, it's Miami, and one of my favourite guys, Det. Sgt. Joe Schillaci. Something about him I really love, you'd want him to be your neighbor or friend, you'd always want to hang with him for a few beers. Tonite, the show concerns the murder of a strip club owner, a guy that everyone apparently liked. Well, alright, I won't go thru the events so far, as I'm sure it's much more interesting to watch it unfold than to read it on here.
Which leads me to...
Two-Time Oscar Winner Hillary Swank...Wha, you say? Well, she's on the list of Famous People I Have Been Face to Face With. Who else is on this list, you may ask? In no particular order : Donald Trump (in this case, I actually, physically, ran into him, smack into him, my face against his chest, then me, embarrassed, looking up into his face, the face of The Donald, as I think he was more popularly known then), Robert Goulet (non-natural fiber slacks, very colorful acrylic sweater, huge, thick-lensed glasses), Marco Hofschneider, adorable, here filming "The Foreign Student," but known mostly as that point as the star in "Europa, Europa," or "Hitlerjunge Salomon" as it was know in Germany, James Taylor, quiet and sweet-seeming, Tom Brokaw, handsome, Wes Studi, also handsome, no one knew who he was except me, a variety of cycling superstars of the old school that no one cared about except me, and Hillary Swank, when she was here filming "Iron Jawed Angels," which I saw part of on HBO and found to be odd and kind of silly. She dug the Feast's food, in particular the tuna sandwich, and came in herself on several ocassions, somewhat 'in cognito.' I chatted her up a bit, in my patented "I Know You're A Star But I'm Acting Super-Cool Like You're Just Another Regular Joe or Jane, But Secretly I'm Screaming Inside" way, and she was quite polite and well-mannered. I wish her well and congratulations despite "Iron Jawed Angels," and the inconvenience that our city and citizenry suffered because of it's production.
Finally, I feel love because I'm in love, dammit, and Donna Summer still rocks my house.

No comments: