3.06.2005

Goodbye Keswick Gardens, Make Way For Progress

I stopped by Keswick Gardens apartments on my way home today. I felt compelled to take some pictures of these buildings that I've always really liked the look of. They're about to be torn down because they were bought by Gumenick Properties who "decided high-end condominiums were the best use of the Keswick Gardens property rather than renovating existing apartment buildings." Unfortunately it's tough stuff for all the tenants, many of whom had resided there for scores of years, and they were given the heave-ho and most probably won't be on the top of the list of preferred renters/buyers when all is done. How sad, but apparently[Gumenick]'s proposal for Keswick Gardens is consistent with Henrico's efforts to revive older neighborhoods."
And there you are. I will post all my pictures here and also on Flickr.

 
keswick
keswick flag
keswick
 keswick

 keswick garden one way

No comments: