12.13.2005

Real, All Too Real



A few things :
I discovered at work today that I can use the adding machine reasonably well with my left hand. And I am not left-handed.

I would like to put all my furniture and some other things too on casters.

I dreamt the night before last that I had gotten a new job as a butcher in a large,circus-freaky, labyrinthine underground restaurant, and though I was quite nervous everyone took a shine to me quickly. I was informed at one point to bring a 'costume' to work the next day for a special assignment. Turns out I was chosen by a famous and celebrated modern dancer to be her partner in her newest piece, which was to debut in the restaurants "theater." I turned all wiggly and panicked because I knew that modern dance is the root of many many bad things and I was not prepared in any way to express my own nor anyone else's Important Feelings in interpretive dance. Turns out all I had to do was "support" her by hopping around like a chicken, with one hand on my head with fingers splayed and the other at my rear also splay-fingered. Geez.

No comments: